Our New Identity
Cedar Village was sold in 2018, and the Jewish Home of Cincinnati, Inc. (JHC) retained the assets from the sale. The Board of Trustees made a strategic decision in 2020 to pivot into a grantmaking organization to care for local Jewish seniors, honor its past, and support future generations. We are committed to learning about and advocating for our seniors’ needs by investing in innovative programs and services.
As a funder, we will:
- Maximize our fiduciary stewardship in the community with measurable impact on the quality of life for seniors.
- Develop/collaborate with partner organizations.
The mission of the Jewish Home of Cincinnati is to support Greater Cincinnati Jewish seniors by investing in innovative services and programs.
Our vision is that all Jewish seniors in our region feel they have connected, fulfilling lives.
We believe in the Core Values of:
- Honoring our seniors and the value they add to our community
- Seniors deserve to age with dignity, compassion, and respect
- The sustaining power of our donors
- The power of collaboration
- The power of innovation