Education and Advocacy
Jewish Home of Cincinnati, Inc encourages all agencies and individuals in our region to think about how they can better serve and advocate for older adults and their caregivers. This page will provide resources that can help facilitate discussions, brainstorming, connections, and solutions. It will also provide links to some of the many agencies in our communities that currently offer services for seniors and their families.
The Aging Resource Guide was created through collaboration between the Live Well Collaborative and Jewish Home of Cincinnati. This guide is a resource for the community, informed by primary and secondary research conducted by the Live Well Collaborative (special thanks to our medical advisors Dr. Irene Hamrick and Dr. Rhonna Shatz for reviewing the content in this guide). This guide will help you use design thinking methodologies to empathize with older adults, strategize for the future, and address some of the most pressing problems that Cincinnati’s Jewish older adults face today. Please click here to download the guide and share it with colleagues and the community.
- Cincinnati 2030 Strategic Plan
- Adult Day Respite Care Program – Info for Families
- Agewell Cincinnati: Case Managers who can help you navigate resources for seniors. Fee and subsidized options available for those who qualify.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Services: Ohio Living (nonprofit)
- Kosher Meals on Wheels
- Kosher Senior Meals & Celebrations
- StarPoint Home Care
- Kavod Connect: Reducing Social Isolation for Cincinnati’s Jewish Seniors.
- Mayerson JCC 60 and Better
- JFNA Jewish Active Adults 55+ Engagement Research
- Ohio Strategic Action Plan on Aging
- 2022 National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers
- Supporting Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (SGRG) Act Initial Report to Congress
- Barbash Vital Support Center
- Heldman Food Pantry (kosher and non-kosher)
- home52 Transportation Services for Seniors
- Dispatch Health – House Calls for Urgent Care
- Shomer Collective: Inspiring end-of-life conversations, guided by Jewish values
- 2019 Greater Cincinnati Jewish Community Study
- Adult Children of Aging Parents
- Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregivers