Jewish Home of Cincinnati Inc, (JHC) provides grant funds for projects that align with our mission to support Greater Cincinnati Jewish seniors (ages 65+) by investing in innovative services and programs. Grant sizes vary based upon funding opportunities. Organizations may submit up to two proposals in the same grant cycle but not for a repeat project. JHC will initiate two grant cycles per year beginning 2022.
Please read the Grant Application Resources Guide
The Winter, 2022 Open Period for Letter’s of Inquiry has closed. Check back in summer, 2022 for the next cycle.
- Applicants must be qualified charitable nonprofit 501[c] organizations as determined by IRS regulations
- Synagogues/Temples may apply for grant funds for projects which serve older adults.
- Applicant organizations need not be Jewish or Jewish-affiliated, but program or service must create impact for Jewish seniors
- Programs may benefit Jewish and non-Jewish seniors, as long as benefit to Jewish seniors is documented
- Grant funds must be expended within 12 months of allocation
- Collaboration with other aligned non-profit organizations in a joint grant application is encouraged. Funds will be awarded to the lead applicant who will also be responsible for measured outcomes reporting
- Projects which demonstrate innovative creation, expansion or strengthening of existing programs or services are preferred
- Projects which are innovative or unique compared to existing programs or services in the community are preferred
- Organizations must demonstrate competent grant management and program or services oversight
Ineligible for Funding:
- Applications will not be accepted from individuals
- Projects which are for political purposes, capital campaigns, or for-profit ventures
- Projects which subsidize or reimburse an individual’s costs of nursing home, residential, medical, or private duty home care services
Grant Application Process:
Please read the JHC Grant Application Resources Guide before applying.
Eligible nonprofits were able to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) beginning February 11, 2022. The deadline for submitting a LOI was March 31, 2022.
LOIs were reviewed on a rolling basis by JHC Executive Director. Organizations were notified via email if they were invited to submit a full grant application (link to grant application form was provided). Organizations are strongly encouraged to make an appointment to discuss the proposal with JHC Executive Director prior to completing the application. This will help the organization frame their proposals and understand JHC priorities. These consultations do not guarantee funding. Grant proposals will be due on April 13, 2022 at midnight, eastern time.
Notification of award recipients will be announced in late May, 2022. Grantees will be required to sign an agreement and provide a completed W9 before funds are released. Should a proposal be declined, the nonprofit is encouraged to reapply at the next grant cycle, coming summer 2022.
Grantees will execute their projects and submit final reports to JHC in accordance with grant requirements.