Grant Cycle, 2021
Jewish Home of Cincinnati Inc, (JHC) will begin accepting proposals that align with our mission to support Greater Cincinnati Jewish seniors (ages 65+) by investing in innovative services and programs. During the Fall cycle, JHC will distribute approximately $30,000 in awards. Grant size will vary based upon funding opportunities. Organizations may submit up to two proposals in the same grant cycle and not for a repeat project. JHC will initiate two grant cycles per year beginning 2022. Click here to begin the application process by filling out a Letter of Inquiry (LOI).
- Applicants must be qualified charitable nonprofit 501[c] organizations as determined by IRS regulations
- Synagogues/Temples must provide project services to the Greater Jewish community, and not be limited to membership
- Applicant organizations need not be Jewish or Jewish-affiliated, but program or service must create impact for Jewish seniors
- Programs may benefit Jewish and non-Jewish seniors, as long as benefit to Jewish seniors is documented
- Grant funds must be expended within 12 months of allocation
- Collaboration with other aligned non-profit organizations in a joint grant application is encouraged. Funds will be awarded to the lead applicant who will also be responsible for measured outcomes reporting
- Projects which demonstrate innovative creation, expansion or strengthening of existing programs or services are preferred
- Projects which are innovative or unique compared to existing programs or services in the community are preferred
- Competent grant management and program or services oversight
Ineligible for Funding:
- Applications will not be accepted from individuals
- Projects which are for political purposes, capital campaigns, or for-profit ventures
- Projects which subsidize or reimburse an individual’s costs of nursing home, residential, medical, or private duty home care services
Grant Application Process:
Eligible nonprofits are invited to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) between September 2–October 8, 2021. Click here for LOI form.
LOIs will be reviewed on a rolling basis by JHC Executive Director. Organizations will be notified via email if they are invited to submit a full grant application (link to grant application form will be provided). Grant proposals must be submitted by November 4, 2021 at midnight.
Notification of award recipients will be December, 2021. Grantees will be required to sign an agreement to terms of grant letter before funds are released. Should a proposal be declined, the nonprofit is encouraged to reapply at the next grant cycle.
Grantees will execute their projects and submit final reports to JHC in accordance with grant requirements.